- January 31, 2019
This award, presented at the Chancellor’s Honors Banquet, honors a faculty member who has shown outstanding commitment to mentoring undergraduate research students. Good mentors serve as role models in the process of research and discovery, for the responsible conduct of research, and for entry into the profession through networking and research dissemination. Faculty members, at any level, who have shown commitment and dedication to the mentoring of undergraduate researchers, are eligible. The award is sponsored by the Office of Undergraduate Research.
Nominations should present evidence that the nominees have made significant contributions to advancing undergraduate research and scholarship at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, or UTIA. The strongest nominations will demonstrate a commitment to undergraduate research through specific examples such as peer-reviewed publications involving undergraduates, student presentations, showings, performances, awards, or scholarships related to research and evidence for the continuing success of mentored students in the research endeavor (where the students are now if possible).
- The faculty nominee must be a current employee of UT Knoxville or UTIA or have retired within the past 12 months prior to submission.
- Faculty members at any level are eligible for nomination.
- The majority of mentored students cited in the application must be active or former UT Knoxville undergraduates.
Submission Materials by Nominator
- Name of nominee
- Contact information for nominee
- 200-word or less of why you are nominating this person
Submission Materials by Nominee
Once nominated, the nominee will be asked to submit:
- 200-word bio of the nominee
- Current photograph (professional-type headshot preferred)
- Number of peer-reviewed publications involving undergraduates
- Number of student presentations, showings, performances, awards, or scholarships related to research
- Evidence for the continuing success of mentored students in the research endeavor (where the students are now if possible)
- Submissions will be reviewed by the Undergraduate Research Advisory Council.
- Deadline for online submission is January 31, 2019.
- Recipients will be announced at the Chancellor’s Honors Banquet.
- Recipients will be recognized during Research Week and on the Undergraduate Research website.
- Recipients will receive a $3,000 award from the Office of Undergraduate Research.