- January 31, 2019
- Rachel Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Commission for Women recognized its first Notable UT Woman in 1995 after a suggestion from then University Historian Dr. Milton Klein that recommended that outstanding women connected with the University be honored on an annual basis.
In the past the award has recognized women from four rotating categories: administrator, alumnae, faculty, and staff. This year the Commission recognizes a UT staff member.
- A woman who is outstanding in her field of study.
- A woman who is a pioneer or groundbreaker—the first to achieve something noteworthy.
- A woman who has conducted or supported gender-related research or research with beneficial effects for women.
- A woman who has rendered program support and development beneficial to the University community.
- A woman who has improved the lives of women in the community or made a significant positive impact on women’s lives.
- A woman who has contributed to gender-related research or facilitated the implementation of research for women.
Information about the award and a list of recent award winners are available on the Chancellor’s Honors website.
Completed nomination letters and a current CV/resume of the candidate should be submitted by email to Rachel Chen (email@example.com). Nomination letters should include the name of the nominator, department, e-mail address, and phone number. All nominations must be received by January 31, 2019.